We are looking for a passionate team member with great technical skills to partner with EA's FIFA QA and Development teams to identify tools, automation and technical strategies with the goals of improving game infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the game delivery process.
You will focus on upstream quality and targeting defect prevention and containment. You will identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing and tracking purposes. You will help analyze testing strategies, improving automation efforts and white box testing.
• Work in partnership with Dev and QA to identify areas for improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
• Build, test, and deploy solutions that support automation deliverables.
• Support an increased adoption of automation and tools within game teams. Help identify needs, and gather requirements, for new tools.
• Identify and recommend debug enhancements to aid testing.
• Help prioritize bug fixing efforts and identifying areas of test focus.
• Provide technical expertise and debug support to other engineers on our teams.
• Participate in knowledge sharing sessions - increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
• Perform and support white box testing.
• You will report to the team Development Director and work with your peers to render specific tasks.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
• 2+ years of professional experience with a focus on concepts and language varieties.
• Experience with C# or C++.
• Experience with the software development life cycle, software engineering methodologies and practices, and their application to both development and QA.
• Experience with software quality assurance concepts, and debugging procedures.
• Partner with internal customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs - able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect.
• Technical writing experience.
• Experience using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent observational and organizational skills – detail oriented.
• Creativity and logical thinking: can find ingenious solutions to problems.
• Adaptability/flexibility: not afraid of change, in fact strives for it, if it's for the good of the project - is not afraid to try new things and fail.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ex88-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.