As a member of the Quality Engineering team, you will support Full Circle, a newly formed studio working on a next Skate title and Motive, the makers of Star Wars Squadrons. We look for the most experienced people in the industry and we give them an environment where they can flourish with autonomy. We believe the product we make is as only as good as the staff we hire. We encourage a culture of support, education and collaboration.
As Software Engineer on the quality engineering team, you will be a part of helping the studio adopt new and existing technologies to improve the way we work. Quality Engineering at Motive is a small team, with a culture of sharing and collaboration. As such, you will build portable and scalable software that has value to many teams in EA. Technical testing of AAA titles is very much in its infancy and has the potential for large change. Given the sheer volume of possibilities, we need a generalist that is happy to ''jump in and learn'' as the technology we work on can range from full stack web development, small made for purpose tools, big data solutions to working with AI. Your capabilities must encompass a senior role in every meaning of the term: excellence in development practices, leading of internal growth, develop sound technical plans that produce meaningful impact to the business and in turn, contribute to the production of a great game. In return, you will be given the autonomy and support to do your best work.
You will report to the Technical Director for Full Circle and Motive Quality Engineering.
• Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to implement tested, reusable, and modular code
• Scout, evaluate and present to the team new tools as opportunities for innovation
• Pair with the Technical Director to build a strategy to lay foundation and framework for the future of Quality Engineering at Full Circle, Motive and EA
• Create the right approach by understanding technical needs of a solution, maintainability, scalability and balance all that against the return of investment for the business.
• Harness your desire to understand the WHY behind the requirements of the business to find creative solutions
• Be passionate about non-functional requirements and embody the value of these in your actions
• Manage technical design and implementation for a set of features.
• Demonstrate ownership over everything you work on through your communication, delivery quality and predictability
• You will guide the delivery of high-quality projects
• Monitor QE tools usage, performance and resolve any failures
• Mentor less experienced developers
• Experience defining best practices in development and guiding a team to inherit them
• You are always learning and adding to the team's collective knowledge base
• Produce quality work and work through/with others.
• Participate in recruitment and coaching of quality engineers to enhance individual effectiveness and professional growth
• You will have autonomy to bring your ideas to fruition
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
• 6+ years industry technical experience working on tools, test automation and development process improvements.
• Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB,
• Experience with .NET, C# and C++
• Experience working in a Scrum team
• Experience building platform-grade tools and services
• Experience mentoring peers, and delivering technical presentations
• Experience delivering system-level technical design and documentation
• Knowledgeable in the software life cycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration.
• Knowledge in container orchestration solutions such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Good at bringing change on a studio or your department level
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.