The rendering Software Engineer is a critical part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
• Research and implement cutting-edge rendering techniques.
• Write technical design specifications.
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
• Develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
• Profile and optimize rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine.
• Create leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering
or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 3+ years development experience, including at least 6 months experience within the video gaming industry
• Proficiency with C++
• Experience in the design and implementation of cutting edge graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
• Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
• Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
• Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code English is the required language of work
What's In It For You:
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Relocation assistance also offered.
Eligible for salary increases, bonuses, and restricted stock units at company's discretion
Salary offered: $98,000 to $130,000
Full time, permanent position
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.