As part of the EAX Quality Verification and Standards team, you will be part of the EAX product team that drives the strategy and implementation of EA's network helping EA's community of players connect to one another and to the games they love to play. Our work includes aspects including EA.com; in-game experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms; EA Play, our cross-platform subscription; the EA App; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most cutting-edge technologies on the market today while supporting the development team in its effort to release world-class solutions for the automation team.
You will be working with a strong team and depending on requirements, provide a set of varied technical capabilities. You will be an advocate for automation and quality as an embedded member of the development team. You will be writing reliable, robust, high-quality automation scripts that developers rely on every day for the Continuous Deployment / Delivery of critical features that will be seen by millions of players worldwide. You will report to the Development Director as a core contributor to the EAX team based in EA Vancouver.
• Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design, develop, deliver, own and improve reliable and robust tools, tests, and platforms
• Lead Quality efforts that align with product objectives and develop scalable solutions.
• Help set the technical direction of the team and facilitate productivity improvements to our engineering workflows
• Own, extend and maintain automation frameworks, tools, and processes used across studios
• Test your own work and provide reliable, defect-free code that instills confidence in the automation suite
• Define Quality Metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the product.
• Develop and execute our Automation Strategy to a high standard of quality
• Advocate for quality at all times and keep the development team accountable
• Uphold high-quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community
• Experience with building and testing RESTful and GraphQL APIs
• Experience with building and testing applications in a service oriented architecture (microservices).
• A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
• Understanding of SDLC, STLC processes, software testing best practices and testing methodologies.
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills and ability to work with a large, cross-functional, and distributed team.
• Experience with common development tools
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
Nice to have:
• Experience with continuous integration & deployment pipelines using Jenkins and/or Gitlab CI/CD
• Experience building and deploying applications with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with mentoring junior team members
• Knowledge of test-driven development
• Strong planning skills for proactively monitoring of data-structures to optimize performance.
• Data analysis using tools for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methodology.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d58z31-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.