Software Engineer (Frostbite - Editor Framework)
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
Why Join Editor Framework?
As a member of the Editor Framework team you will work on core parts of FrostEd, our desktop tool that empowers content creators to build amazing game experiences. You will build libraries and services that can be used across multiple domains including audio, rendering, and UI. You will be at the core of building an easy to use and scalable tool to power a massive community of accomplished game creators.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working collaboratively across teams and building high-quality tools.
• Work with user experience (UX) team, product owner and customers to develop features in the tools
• Provide support to customers by addressing issues and looking for opportunities to make systematic improvements
• Contribute to technical discussions across Frostbite
• Frequent collaboration with Frostbite and with game team engineers
• Gather feedback from users to set the priority of tasks
Required Skills and Experience
• Proficiency in C#
• Working knowledge of developing graphical user interfaces
• Proficiency with computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design, SOLID principles.
• Experience developing, testing and debugging code
• Enthusiasm for solving problems
• Experience managing a feature backlog and working with client for prioritization
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Experience developing Windows desktop applications
• Familiarity with digital content creation tools (ex: Maya or Photoshop)
• Working knowledge of C++
• Experience building games and supporting content creation workflows
• Experience writing applications with WPF
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer engineering or mathematics)
• Scrum agile processes. SAFe experience is a bonus
• Familiarity with SOLID design principles.
• Familiarity with UX concepts
• Experience using mock testing frameworks
• Technical documentation
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.