Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team develops creative engine features and cutting-edge tools that let our game makers create stunning games. We're honored to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite as they create some of the industry's best-known titles and amazing player experiences. Join us as we help shape the future of gaming with Frostbite.
Reporting to a Director of Engineering, you will be part of the versatile team that creates and improves the tools that developers use to build and test the amazing worlds you see in Frostbite games. The team collaborates daily to make sure our worldwide developers have great stable, performant and powerful workflows.
• You will primarily improve the usability and stability of the rendering team's engineering tools and workflows, increasing the team's efficiency and ability to test and debug their systems.
• You will collaborate with other engineers and QA to identify problems and implement solutions.
• You will triage and diagnose rendering performance issues for a variety of game teams.
• You will participate in proactive engagements with Frostbite partners (internal studios, game teams) to understand the challenges for them and identify scenarios Frostbite needs to improve.
• You will collaborate with other test engineers and QA to develop roadmaps, the latest tools, and runtime technologies for game developers across EA worldwide related to Frostbite features.
• You will help improve documentation, and processes and help build the team culture.
• BSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related academic program, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 1+ years' experience with Python and C# development.
• 1+ years of experience with HTML/CSS.
• 1+ years of experience supporting and debugging complex software ecosystems.
• Experience with Jenkins and other CI solutions.
• Experience with Perforce, GitLab or other source control systems.
• Experience with C++ development.
• Experience in game engine development.
• Experience in software testing and submission frameworks.
• Experience with Angular web application framework.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnyzv3-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.