We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Frostbite is a game engine and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed, and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best player experiences in the industry!
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team developing the tools and game engine behind the amazing worlds you see in Frostbite games. This includes the workflows and systems for building levels and objects in Frostbite. In the team, we collaborate closely on a day-to-day basis to make sure game teams around the world have great workflows and a performant and flexible engine for their games.
You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager.
• You will improve workflows, data builds and game systems for handling huge game worlds
• You will design and implement systems and APIs used by thousands of game developers across EA
• You will collaborate with game teams to ensure world-class workflows and in-game performance
• You will pair with team members to create new features and innovations for our users
• You will iterate on usability, tool performance, and stability to power our users to create stunning games
• You will contribute to technical design and reviews
• You will partner with team members, management, and stakeholders to ensure projects are completed to standard
• You will motivate the team and create a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns
• You will ensure the team is working in an efficient way
• You will work with the Product Owner/Technical Director to figure out how we technically achieve what we are looking for
• You will meet with the TD to make sure we are meeting expectations with our designs
• 5+ years of experience with C++ and software architecture skills
• Experience managing or mentoring other engineers
• Experience from game engine development and large-scale game development
• Experience with challenges such as scene and entity systems, handling huge worlds, streaming, and subdivision or multi-user workflows
• Experience with data-oriented design and unit testing
• Experience with agile development practices
• Experience with C#
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkzom-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.