Software Engineer III
We are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry. Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) organization provides the platforms and infrastructure hosting solutions that power EA's online gaming services such as marketplaces, social features, and leaderboards. As a Software Engineer III you will be accountable and responsible for delivery of foundational services and infrastructure that power EA's online services. You will focus on creating new services and systems in collaboration with our divisional and studio partners, that create the infrastructure, and simplifying infrastructure workflows.
What a Software Engineer III does on EA's PI&E team:
• You will work with product and project management to ensure clarity and understanding of features and priorities.
• You will develop creative solutions that address customer requests, new product features and production defects. Drive solution review by peers and partners.
• You will work directly with divisional and studio partners to understand priorities and requirements while contributing to releasing games to market.
• Expand designs into engineering execution plans and engineering tasks
• You will work with the team to design and guide the development and quality processes, coding practices.
• You will write code meeting peer-reviewed code standards, using team-selected tools.
• You will work with support teams and partners to debug and resolve production incidents with deployed products.
• Enhance EA's engineering capabilities through tracking of peers, industry, segment, and technology. Be an expert in their field and informed/knowledgeable about related fields, and roles.
• You will support and mentor peer software engineers through advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
• You will grow engineering teams through interviewing and hiring
• Work with, and contribute to, the open source software community as it intersects with our work.
• In-depth commercial experience of an OO language
• Understand Relational, NoSQL, and Bigdata solutions.
• Experience creating and integrating with RESTful web services
• Engineering Collaboration software - SharePoint, JIRA, GitLab, GitHub, and Confluence.
The next great EA Engineer also needs:
• 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineering team member
• Passionate about shipping high-quality services every day
• 5+ years of experience with programming across the application lifecycle - design, prototype, develop, integrate, upgrade, monitor and alert
• Experience building, deploying and supporting high-scale, secure infrastructure, and distributed applications in a cloud service with Kubernetes
• Demonstrated capability to build provide both broad and deep technical leadership to an Agile team
• BS Degree (Preferred) in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of experience using database technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB
• Languages such as Golang or Python
• Public cloud provider experience (AWS,GCP, Azure...)
• Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbomyy-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.