EA is looking for an engineer with multi-year experience building AAA games using Unreal Engine. Your role is to offer support to multiple development teams working in Unreal Engine across a variety of platforms (PC/Console/Mobile).
You will report to and work with a central team within EA that focuses on providing tooling and services to our many game teams. Our small agile team has developers in Vancouver, Austin, Montreal and Galway, and we work with game teams across many more locations.
• Foster working relationships with multiple teams across EA.
• Maintain an overview of code divergence across all teams.
• Maintain a shared development stream.
• Investigate upcoming engine features and provide guidance to teams on how best to use them.
• Resolve runtime performance issues (CPU/GPU/IO).
• Establish a shared Unreal Engine knowledge base.
• Develop engine plugins to solve common developer workflow issues.
• Provide guidance on project configuration/structure.
• Mentor developers on best usage of the technology and good engineering practices.
• 5+ years Unreal Engine 4 experience.
• Advanced knowledge of modern C++.
• Proficient in any source control, debuggers, profilers and other software development tools (e.g. Perforce, Git, Visual Studio, RenderDoc).
• BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent education or experience.
Nice to have:
• Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.