Game Modes Software Engineer - FIFA
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These plans span the digital touchpoints where players work with the EA Network, including: EA's gaming service on PC through Origin and the new EA Desktop application; the EA Play subscription program on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam; EA.com's corporate, marketing and player engagement activations, and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Software Engineer, you will build web components that enhance our players' online experience, which means working with a team to provide rich experiences to our players, all with an eye on quality, performance and the player experience. As part of the broader software engineering team you will be an important contributor to the EAX team based in Vancouver..
Joining EAX means you'll join the team shaping EA's online presence; evolve subscription services now spanning three major platforms; build consumer experiences that power EA's games and promoting more personalized, socially connected, and smooth experiences; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that ''we see farther,'' and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You'll bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 1+ years experience developing web applications
• Experience with full-stack web app development, working on both front and back end
• Attention to software engineering best practices, ie testing, code reviews, documentation
• You are passionate about high-quality execution and technical innovation/adaptation
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum-based development environments
• Familiarity with Java or PHP
• Enthusiasm for gaming desired; ability to stay on the forefront of industry trends a big plus
In a typical week, the software engineer could be…
• Develop web apps, components and prototypes
• Participate in all aspects of an iterative, agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, debugging, maintenance and support
• Work with the design and product management team to build applications that delight users.
• Document and present designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on others' designs
• Work on the application framework that includes backend common services (e.g. authentication, authorization, data hydration)
• Work cross teams to identify important requirements, determine metrics and setup benchmarks for both player and engineer's ease of use.
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Other members of the EAX organization to improve engagement on our flagship web portal - ea.com
• Central teams to understand their requirements for integration with their services.
• You'll report to the Software Engineering Manager for ea.com & Digital Operations
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.