Machine Learning Engineer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a phenomenal player experience is challenging. That's why we employ the most inspired and creative people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Electronic Arts Digital Platform (EADP) is one of the world's largest and fastest growing gaming platforms with a mission to change how the world plays games.
We're all about how we can make every player's multiplayer experience memorable, and are always anticipating what capabilities game studios will need or want so they can take the next leap forward in gaming. Working with EA's game studios from around the world, we develop service oriented backend applications and SDKs that provide matchmaking, stats and leaderboards, achievements, game replays, VoIP, and game networking.
We try to capture the most memorable portions of player experiences using data in real-time, allowing players to compare their skills and growth, track in-game achievements, promote positive play, and even create replays of their own sessions to share with friends. To do this we are always asking questions:
• How do we balance matches to create the most fun experience?
• How do we make the game more challenging among a group of friends?
• How can we predict and evaluate player connectivity to give them the best connection to other players?
We're looking for a Software Engineer to help us create high-quality, fantastic experiences for players. If building a solid foundation for play that millions can enjoy is the challenge you're ready for, apply today and you might become the next member of an extraordinary team that is walking the path of excitement to innovation and new ideas.
You will report to a Senior Engineering Manager for the EADP Gameplay Services team.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
• Enhance and add features to EA's existing online services and gameplay capabilities.
• Work with engineers from across the company, and around the world, to create the next generation of online features for EA's games.
• Participate in software and architecture design.
• Be a promoter for best practices within the engineering team.
• Work with product managers to improve new features to support EA's business.
• Provide maintenance and support for all services.
• Promote satisfying and fun play.
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
• 5+ years of experience in software development in C++.
• 3+ years of experience with client-server and peer-to-peer architectures, network security, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP), object-oriented design.
• Strong understanding of memory management.
• Solid computer science background including algorithm and data structure usage.
• Excellent debugging and optimization skills working in multi-threaded and distributed systems.
• Experience developing cross-platform applications, including Windows and Linux.
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field required, or equivalent work experience.
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxpxx-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.