Build Software Engineer
Software Engineer, Frostbite Animation (Temporary Full time, estimated 6-12 months)
Why join us?
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing cutting-edge engine features and tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
We are looking for a junior to intermediate level software engineer for this temporary full-time position.
• You will maintain and improve the workflow of our animation authoring tool and the result of your work will improve productivity of our user across EA
• You will learn the latest animation technology in the industry and help solve a variety of animation challenges
• You will work closely and learn from other members of the team
• You will work closely with content creators across the company who use the tool you develop daily and gather feedback from them
• BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
• C# and UI development experience
• Passion for improving user workflow
• Write maintainable code using object-oriented principles
• Resolve issues in familiar and unfamiliar code
• WPF and .NET framework experience
• Experience with C++
• Knowledge of agile/scrum processes
• Passion for video games
Why join us?
• Tackle strategic technology problems with an impact across all of EA.
• Work on leading edge technology and create high-quality solutions.
• Work with multiple game teams across multiple genres.
• Work with industry leaders and other top-tier people.
• Good work/life balance.
• How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
• More job openings for the Frostbite team
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.