The Quality Verification Engineering and Solutions Tooling (QVEST) team builds tools that support the automation and quality verification effort on the EA Play and Desktop App teams. We are looking for an experienced DevOps or SRE to join our team who is enthusiastic and passionate about technology.
You will report to the QVEST Development Manager based in Vancouver while partnering with the Engineering Manager and the Engineering Lead to aid the DevOps efforts of partner teams.
You will work with both local and remote team members, including partner teams across a range of timezones. You will work with partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues with application infrastructure, migrate our suite of tools onto Kubernetes, and create strategies to ensure that the tools that are most important to the success of our business have a high rate of uptime. On-call availability may be required at times.
• Directly support engineering environments, through all stages of development.
• Provision and manage Virtual Machines (including OS configuration).
• Troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
• Develop scripting and productivity-enhancing tools to automate system administration tasks.
• Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support.
• Support datastore back-up and recovery.
• Support an ''always-on'' network infrastructure.
• Support CI (Jenkins and GitLab) and CD operations (Deployment Strategies like B/G, Canary)
• First line of support on operations - monitor support channels, troubleshoot and correct issues raised
• Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
• Work with our team and partners to implement new technologies and provide ongoing support.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent
• 4+ years of experience with relevant Windows (such as IIS) and Linux environments
• Interest in modern DevOps methodologies and technologies: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
• Working knowledge of the following scripting languages and technologies: PowerShell, Groovy, Ansible / Chef
• Experience with AWS.
• Experience with Jenkins, CI/CD, and pipelines.
• Working knowledge of distributed source control such as Git.
• Experience wth alerting systems (such as Zabbix), and reporting tools (such as Kibana).
Good to have:
• Development or test automation experience is a definite plus
• Working knowledge of the ELK stack
• Additional experience with Cloud-based server deployments (AWS, EC2, OpenStack)
• Experience working with different network technologies – NLB, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches and Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Network Subnetting, VLANs
• Experience with authorization/authentication and IT administration
We would love to meet you, if you:
• are passionate about building automation to reduce manual tasks
• are dependable and committed to projects and tasks
• look at challenges as opportunities
• are independent and committed to seeing your projects through to completion
• aim to produce high-quality work
• know that details are important, but you always keep in mind the full context
• have a passion for learning new technologies
• want to work with a global and diverse group of colleagues
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooeq6-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.