''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
We are looking for a Senior Writer to join our team and contribute to the creation of rich and memorable interactive stories here at Motive. The Senior Writer will work with the Narrative Director and Creative Director in high-level ideation for the game's narrative and world, then with the broader design and writing teams in the daily production of that story. You will report to the Narrative Director.
What you'll do at Motive:
• Be an essential driver for the main storyline, world, and quest storylines.
• Craft compelling characters, dialogue, in-game text, and cinematic sequences.
• Work with developers across every discipline to help create a cohesive experience.
• Provide feedback and mentorship to other writers.
• Conceptualize and provide rich narrative content.
• Make revisions based on internal and external feedback.
• Support marketing with copywriting that aligns with the tone and direction of the game.
Who You Are:
• 5+ years of professional writing experience in the video game industry.
• Experience writing both comedy and dramatic dialogue.
• Expert at writing non-sequential stories that tie to progression and overall player experience.
• Passion for video games.