Technical Artist - Rigging
FX Artist - Create - Apex Legends
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Create Art Vancouver (EA's centralized art team) is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior VFX artist to join our real time FX team. Create's VFX artists research, conceptualize, and create all manner of VFX from natural atmospheres and sci-fi realism to stylized fun and realms of fantasy.
In this position, the artist will work closely with the rest of the VFX team, Art Directors, and Design team to create exceptional real-time VFX for Apex Legends
• Conceptualize and create industry-leading VFX for our games
• Work with Design to understand requirements and create FX for gameplay mechanics
• Create behavior-driven FX for characters and vehicles
• Create atmospheric VFX and direct proper placement of assets to enhance living worlds
• Simulate physical phenomenon through a variety animation and simulation techniques
• Inject personality and humor into visual effects through stylization
• Work with Art Director and CG Supe to create style guides and visually defining particle assets.
• Partner with Rendering and Tools teams to define requirements for VFX tools and technologies.
• Develop strategies to solve VFX issues impacting rendering performance to maintain target FPS.
• Mentor and train junior VFX artists and provide direction, guidance, and feedback
• Plan with directors and management to define asset requirements, manage scope and escalate risks for feature reviews.
• 5+ years' experience as a real-time VFX artist on shipped titles
• Proficient in using Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, or equivalents
• Hands-on experience implementing VFX assets in a real-time engine
• Experience with performance requirements and restrictions on console hardware
• Experience in creating and editing shaders for VFX
• Experience with atlas texture technology and methods of atlas creation
• Experience in creating and modifying existing modeling assets for in-game VFX use.
• Experience with scripting languages and shader authoring (HLSL) is a plus
• Strong communication and collaboration skills with team members across multiple disciplines.
• Excellent aesthetic sense with strong attention to detail.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.