We are EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles- Battlefield, Star Wars, Madden, and The Sims, to name a few. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Player Network team is looking for a user researcher to help create the next generation of gaming platforms and change the way people play across all of their devices. Reporting to the user research manager, you'll conduct strategic research to help design applications and experiences to help players discover, connect and play in an evolving digital ecosystem of games. As part of an advanced team shaping the future of gaming, you will work closely with design and production teams to integrate user research into the development process.
• Use player insight to consult with design and product management partners from the Web team who are trying to build for the right target, brainstorm features, and optimize evolution of the Web experience
• Work with and influence senior members of the web team, including PMs and design leads. Develop a strong understanding of UX research within the team
• Identify research projects and frameworks opportunities to improve product design and strategy for Web, and promote player understanding
• Partner within the research team (such as Consumer Insights) and across different teams (Product, Design, Analytics and Marketing) as you work on research that aligns with business goals and strategy.
• Run research studies with a rapid turnaround – The Web team needs to test concepts and designs very quickly as they iterate
• Gather and analyze data from different qualitative and quantitative research methods (interview, lab studies, heuristics, surveys, and telemetry) - Specifically delivering research in an agile product design environment that includes design sprints
• Communicate research results to product teams, provide recommendations and ongoing feedback to design
• Create new methodologies or collaboration frameworks that are designed to unlock player understanding
Qualifications & Skills
• Advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive, etc.), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
• 5+ years of industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies
• Expertise in creative research design, fluent in different qualitative and quantitative methodologies (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.) and can present insights to improve product design and implementation
• Experience in social media, information design, game design principles, or consumer or entertainment software industry desirable
• Experience with research in Agile development environments / design sprints highly desirable
• Experience with self-moderated user research tools such as usertesting
• Excellent reporting skills, persuasiveness, and the ability to make group presentations
• Ability to travel as required