Senior Game Designer
Remote / Virtual
Senior UX Designer (Contract)
Austin, TX, US
Senior UX Designer
At Electronic Arts, we exist to inspire the world to play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do.
As a Senior UX Designer at EA, you will report to the Senior Design Manager for Player Experience where you'll create digital experiences for players and employees.
You'll work with other designers to remove blockers and provide support to guarantee a high level of product excellence. You'll work with product managers, engineers, and other partners throughout the product lifecycle to align on business goals, customer needs and trade-offs. You'll partner with researchers and designers to define and deliver new features, translate concepts into living prototypes, and iterate on interactions, animations, and details to deliver the best experience.
Note that this is not a game studio design role **
Only applications with a portfolio submission will be considered **
• Leverage Design System to create quality, effective experiences and products that align with user and business needs.
• Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
• Be the architect who builds connection points across teams, and refine the design process identifying the intersection of our needs, customer needs, and technical opportunities.
• Work with product managers, designers, engineers, researchers, marketers, and external partners to plan requirements, identify risks, manage delivery timelines, and in communications with project sponsors to provide a smooth product development process.
• Work behind the scenes to identify and remove potential roadblocks.
• Partner with research to find opportunities and integrate user insights into product strategy and design.
• Research, create user scenarios, concept sketches, experience storyboards, high fidelity designs, and rapid prototypes.
• Be the project tracker who provides visibility and insights for the design team, partners, and project sponsors.
• Organize and track work capacity to ensure teammates can contribute at a comfortable level with time for other growth activities.
• Share constructive feedback 1:1 with other designers and in design reviews with the design team.
• Organize meetings to guide progress against goals, and establish clear next steps.
• Experience in designing in Salesforce is highly recommended.
• Must provide a portfolio with clean visual aesthetics and with examples of work using Salesforce.
• Diverse B2B'/B2C portfolio (5+ years), spanning both web and mobile, that reflect design excellence.
• Demonstrate experience developing design teams with a focus on mentoring.
• Be creative.
• Be an equal partner with engineering, marketing and product management teams.
• Understand modern experience design methodology.
• Experience in Agile Scrum Methodology work processes.
• Familiarity with a variety of product design software, spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and customer research tools.
• Experience designing corporate engineering solutions.
• Visual design expertise.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.