Senior UI Engineer
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and innovative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on dedication, passion and innovation. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is comprised of fearless talent on a mission to deliver on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this is a chance to turn a job into something you love.
The NHL Team looking for a talented UI Engineer to join an experienced team of developers. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help craft the vision and execution of a compelling, innovative, and immersive experience. You will collaborate with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to implement core UI systems and workflows.
• Partner with UX designers and artists to design and develop tools and workflows to aid in development.
• Develop best practices and mentor other engineers in UI implementations.
• Architect UI technical solutions that can be used by other domains for feature development, such as Gameplay or Presentation.
• Profile and identify performance and memory issues to meet performance targets.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• 4+ years of game development experience in a related role
• Experience with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Capable of delivering quality Code Review feedback
• Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles.
• Able to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
• Familiar with UI best practices and patterns
Required Non-Technical Skills
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability and desire to work with other game developers in a cooperative team environment.
• Ability to work within a distributed team environment.
• Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx43x-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.