Technical Artist - Rigging
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
SENIOR TECHNICAL GAMEPLAY ANIMATOR - SKATE
''This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.''
We are looking for and experienced Senior Technical Gameplay Animator to join an established, experienced team of developers building a contemporary vision of EA's Skate franchise. This is your opportunity to join a veteran team and help create a compelling, creative, and immersive skateboarding experience.
You will specialized in the area of animation realization, focusing on the implementation process and architecture of character motion systems. You will use EA's proprietary gameplay engine and editor to help realize the vision of the animation team and push character animation to new levels of believability.
• Work with the animation team to implement animation content using EA's proprietary gameplay engine and editor
• Work with the Animation Software Engineers, together with the Animation Director, to solve and implement technical animation challenges.
• Ensure that the animation team can achieve a high level of fluidity and believability with the animations at run time i.e. smooth transitions, natural weight shifts, variety and depth
• Ensure that the responsiveness and overall design of the characters motion conform to the goals of the design team
• Push the boundaries of believable character motion, from a technical implementation perspective – with a focus on marrying the characters to both their environments and the situations that they're in, whilst ensuring that they have plenty of style.
• Help design and coordinate the animation workloads for the project (from a more technical perspective)
• Help establish efficient pipelines and procedures
• Determine and estimate tasks
• You will report to the Animation Director
• Experience working on at least 2 AAA titles
• 5+ years using proprietary animation tools and setting up animation state machines with an established game engine i.e. Unreal, Unity, CryEngine…
• Experience working on at least one title that shows more advanced locomotion/animation techniques, that your position has been pivotal in realizing
• In-depth knowledge and experience working with core animation implementation techniques, for example; motion synthesis, machine learning, parametric blends, additive and subtractive layers, partitioned animations, phase matching, IK solutions, ragdoll… (and numerous other procedural solutions)
• Experience working with both animation-driven and physics-driven gameplay systems with an understanding of the requirements for root/trajectory motion.
• You can identify issues and resolve them efficiently
• An understanding of animation principles and anatomy
• Not afraid to take on sizeable animation related challenges
• Able to communicate well with other disciplines (especially designers and software engineers)
Beneficial skills and experience
• Experience working with Motion Synthesis is a huge asset
• Motion editor or key-framer animation experience
• Experience working with Maya and Motion Builder
• Experience working with advanced facial animation rigs
• Some experience with MEL, Python, C# or C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.