Senior Technical Artist
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You will also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
The Senior Technical Artist will report to their project's Technical Art Director. They will work with their Lead Technical Artist and colleagues from other disciplines to support the generation, maintenance and integration of game assets.
Senior Technical Artists are expected to be engaged problem solvers and owners of at least one aspect of the Tech Art discipline's overall mandate. The primary responsibilities for this position are to:
• Maintain and develop tools and workflows to empower artists to create high-quality content.
• Maintain and improve Art asset Import/Export pipelines.
• Ensure Art assets follow the project's quality and technical standards by direct guidance and automated validation processes.
• Support our Art, Animation and Gameplay teams on matters of physics, collisions and destruction.
• Troubleshoot production issues and help fix Art related bugs as they occur.
• Create clear documentation for project workflows and best practice guidelines.
• Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for developing content and inspire others through knowledge sharing.
• Maintain positive working relationships with teammates across all disciplines.
• You have:
• 6+ years of experience as a Technical Artist.
• High degree of proficiency with a range of modern Digital Content Creation applications (e.g. Maya, Substance, Blender, and Houdini).
• High degree of proficiency in Python (C# and other programming languages an asset).
• Understanding of hardware platform capabilities, including memory, performance, and feature support.
• Shipped at least one AAA title, with ownership of parts of its Art assets pipeline.
• Experience with asset optimization strategies and techniques.
• Experience with the use of Perforce or other version control software.
• Experience with the use of Jira or other bug tracking and project management software (Shotgun experience an asset).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2ev2-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.