Gameplay Designer - FIFA
Lead Content Technical Artist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
EA's Shared Asset Library is an evolving platform for hosting, sharing, and deploying cross-domain content and assets, for use across multiple games. As a Lead TA for assets and content, you will lead the effort to build-out, evolve and maintain our internal library of Environments and other 3D Assets. This is a unique leadership role and requires a combination of technical and operational skills. You have a solid background and knowledge in asset creation, either as an Artist or Technical Artist, along with expertise in asset creation workflows, and defining and writing tools.
• In your role as Lead TA for Game Content, you will:
• Evaluate global assets technically, for inclusion in the asset library.
• Engage with global studio partners, to ensure the most valuable assets are made available for the library.
• Manage the upload and asset ingestion into the library.
• Partner with other Technical Artists and Tools Engineers to steer and implement content validation tools, scripts, and automation pipelines.
• Evolve and document workflows for converting assets to aligned content standards.
• Extend library to accommodate complex asset types.
• Partner with Taxonomy Specialist to evolve and maintain metadata standards for 3D assets.
• Work with UX designers to ensure the library ingestion user experience is efficient and fluid.
• Oversee outsourced work.
• 6+ years of production experience as a Technical Artist.
• Experience with programming and development (Python and C# is desired)
• Experience with game asset creation processes, from simple stand-alone props, to more complex asset types.
• Expertise defining asset creation workflows, and aligning technical asset standards.
• Knowledge in industry-standard Game Engines such as Unreal and Unity
• Knowledge in industry-standard DCC software; including Maya, Substance Designer '/ Painter, and Houdini
• Prior leadership experience is an advantage.
• Experience creating and designing libraries'/sets of reusable content, a definite plus.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.