Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror's Edge games.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
The DICE.Sound team is looking for a motivated Senior Sound Designer to join them and work as part of their in-house Audio team. A Senior Sound Designer at DICE can work with any aspect of game audio. Senior Sound Designers tend to specialize towards being more creative or more technical, but the aim is to keep everyone as a generalist, but with one or two areas of extreme specialization. The Senior Sound Designer role can be very broad and can be very complex, touching many audio aspects on a single title, or just focusing on one specific area for the duration of a project. Initially you will focus on the creation and implementation of vehicle and other complex mechanical assets for high-profile, action-packed titles for the Playstation, Xbox and PC platforms.
You will report to the relevant project's Audio Director and may lead a smaller audio sub-team. You will work with, be a part of and support the associated game pod working with vehicles and mechanical hardware. You will handle all facets of this role, including the sourcing and recording of source material, designing assets, implementation, iteration, refinement, debugging and in-game mixing.
We want you to be passionate about making great games and demonstrate excellent sound design skills, especially in the fields of vehicles and mechanical objects. Five years experience and a high-quality AAA game track record are required.
• Follow the Audio Direction and understand how each piece fits into and supports a readable, consistent, quality soundscape, by creating assets and implementations that live up to the creative and technical aspirations.
• Oversee the sound design, and possibly lead an audio sub team, for a substantial area of a title.
• Ensure you understand the tasks and context, to balance effort and quality against the intended purpose of the asset. Produce audio for the game to quality, within the planned budget and to an agreed schedule.
• Ask for and act on feedback concerning your work. Also provide and act on feedback within the sound team, with a focus on audio execution.
• Be structured; estimate your work, update plans, submit good data into the branch.
• As a part of the Audio team provide and respond to Audio feedback and be an active mixer for your assets and provide feedback on the title's overall mix.
• Experience of sourcing, creating and implementing quality sound assets in a AAA title, from both a creative and technical standpoint.
• A solid appreciation and understanding of how sound works in real-life, with a sense for realism and believability, but able to favor readability to support gameplay.
• Developed artistic qualities; excellent at interpreting reference and following direction.
• Desire to develop your implementation, design, editing and engineering skills.
• Proficient with common studio hardware, editing techniques and software such as Reaper, Sound Forge, Waves, Fabfilter and IzoTope RX.
• Experience with technical workflows and integrating audio into the game environment using the tools at hand. Creating with efficiency, and being mindful of performance constraints.
• Knowledge of audio middleware, e.g. WWISE, FMOD, Unity and Unreal
• Knowledge of graphical audio programming, e.g. Reaktor, Max-MSP, Pure Data, is a bonus.
As part of your application, please provide:
• An up-to-date resume and cover letter
• A show-reel demonstrating your skills
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.