DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As an Online Software Engineer, you implement solutions connecting millions of players in our online multiplayer games. You will design, develop and support online features such as friend invites, matchmaking, progression and in-game store for DICE's future titles. We ask that you understand the different network topologies used in gaming and interaction with the different online services powering DICE games. As a part of our game team, you are expected to write high-performing systems with limited hardware and networking requirements to ensure optimal user experience for the players. You will report into a Technology Craft Manager.
• You will work with game design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify online system's needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement complex systems and interfaces.
• Write well designed, efficient and testable software.
• Work toward excellence in software craftsmanship, and work with peers to improve software design
• Exchange knowledge and experiences with fellow engineers on relevant modern technologies and on best practices for developing online systems.
You probably have experience working on complex consumer software products. You are comfortable talking to us about:
• Algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
• Distributed real-time systems with high performance and reliability
• Passion about games and game development
• Expertise in C/C++
• Architectural knowledge in different network topologies used in gaming
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• If you are interested in gaming or experience from the gaming industry - great!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d85vom-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.