Senior Software Engineer - Frostbite Engine Systems - C++ Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
As a systems engineer on the Engine Systems team you will be working on technologies that are the fundamental building blocks of the Frostbite engine. The team works on low-level technologies that span a huge number of domains. There are many opportunities available for learning and gaining unique expertise. You will be a part of daily interactions with many of the most experienced engineers in the company to help solve some of our most engaging problems, you will work on the latest gaming hardware, manage low-level hardware interactions like the file system and memory management. You will be part of a team that is passionate about pushing our technologies forward.
• Design and implement complex low-level systems used by thousands of game developers across EA
• Provide architectural guidance, technical direction and oversight for complex systems level feature sets
• Work with the wider Frostbite engineering team to determine strategic direction for systems level technology
• Collaborate with team leadership to build roadmaps
• Help improve the tools, technical processes and best practices for the team. Help in improving team productivity, code quality and sustainable development
• Be a mentor to help develop the team
• Implement automated tests
• Support others using Frostbite Core's technologies
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• High level of proficiency with C++
• Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
• Profiling and optimization experience
• Understand memory management and multiple processor use
• Experience using source control systems on code bases with a large number of active developers
• 7+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience in game engine development
• Experience in game console development
• Standard C++ library, concurrency
• C# for scripting or .NET/WPF development
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.