We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Build Farm Engineer Role
The Software Engineer is a member of the Frostbite Quality Engineering - Build Farm team, reporting to the Engineering Manager. Frostbite is the engine that powers EA's games: award-winning titles like Battlefield, FIFA, Dragon Age Inquisition and Need for Speed all harness the power of Frostbite to achieve outstanding visuals and immersive gameplay.
The Build Farm team is at the intersection of DevOps, Build Engineering and Software Development. We provide the infrastructure, services and operations to Frostbite's CI, validating hundreds of code changes every day. As a member of the team, you will take an important role in developing the global infrastructure of the farm, both on-premise and in the cloud. You will set up and debug build and test automation on multiple games, platforms and prototype hardware. You will provide the data that our projects require, and the monitoring to reduce manual intervention to a minimum. You will be a superuser of git, Perforce, Jenkins, cloud and open source. Working with Software, Quality, and Systems Engineers, you will make efficient development workflows possible. You will turn complex, loosely-defined problems into solutions that are reliable, scalable and secure. You will share tools and best practices with development, release and infrastructure engineers across EA.
We're a small team with a great deal of trust, which means you'll learn many new technologies and will join us as the domain experts in many new areas.
As a member the larger Frostbite Quality & Development Services team, you'll lead the work to accelerate the development of shippable quality at scale, in Frostbite and EA's games. And you will belong to a globally distributed team with development centers in Stockholm (Sweden), Vancouver (Canada), Bucharest (Romania) and Guildford (UK), to name a few.
• Develop and operate Continuous Integration for Frostbite.
• Build a complex business-critical production system for internal use.
• Lead projects to grow and evolve our multi-platform infrastructure, using industry-leading patterns and technologies.
• Develop supporting services, monitoring and recovery systems to improve and reduce support.
• Partner with Frostbite teams to ensure their development and release requirements are fulfilled.
• Instrument, process and provide the data to motivate your decisions.
• Work with people from around the world - we're a global team.
• We're an international team who communicate in English - you'll need to be comfortable talking and writing about complex technical details in English.
• Familiarity with CI software and workflows.
• Scripting/programming experience.
• Experience with architecture, system design and dimensioning of large distributed systems, including cloud.
• T-shape set of skills, combining depth in some areas with wide knowledge across a field.
• Can-do predisposition, eager to try out new technologies and solutions, either open-source or internal.
• Collaboration with local and remote teams, sharing knowledge and responsibilities.
• A Computing degree or equivalent professional experience (4 or more years).
What tech are we using?
Although it is not required to have experience in our tech, candidates often find it helpful to know what we are using. This is not an exhaustive list and this changes over time as we find better solutions.
• Windows 10, Ubuntu, Debian.
• Jenkins CI.
• Perforce, git, GitLab.
• vSphere / VMware.
• PowerShell, Python.
• Docker, DC/OS, Kubernetes, AWS and Azure.
• Ansible, Chef; Packer; Artifactory, Chocolatey and NuGet.
• Elasticsearch, Kibana, SQL.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.