Lead Software Developer - Tools
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea, to reality. We're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Instead, we choose to prioritize innovation through experimentation, and creativity through fun. Motive provides a safe, trusting and empowering environment where everyone feels supported to make brave decisions and to take these creative jumps. Curious about what the future of games could look like? Great, so are we.
What the Rendering Developer will do at Motive:
Who You Are
A highly collaborative person with several years of experience developing systems for AAA console and PC games.
You have an advanced level C++ and Rendering knowledge. You work well with artists and are able to translate their artistic desires into efficient code. You're curious about the latest research and advancements in Computer Graphics.
You understand that quality isn't only achieved by adding new rendering features but also by making the most out of the code you write by profiling it (Razor, Pix, RenderDoc) and making the necessary optimizations.
You enjoy working in a team that strives to reach strong visual fidelity and coherence.
• Works with artists and other graphics programmers to design and implement world class rendering features.
• Develops and authors all phases of technical design specifications and completes implementation.
• Optimizes hardens and improves graphics techniques, workflows and pipelines throughout the lifecycle of the project.
• Writes clear, maintainable, portable code.
• Accurately estimates his'/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
• 10+ years of PC or console game programming experience as a rendering programmer
• Advanced knowledge of C++ and Data Oriented Design
• Advanced knowledge of major graphics APIs
• Extensive knowledge of GPU and console hardware
• Passion for computer graphics and game development
• Strong math background
• Self-motivated with proven experience researching, developing, and optimizing rendering solutions for a variety of platforms
• A commitment to delivering high quality games
• Experience working in an environment with an emphasis on concurrency, memory, and performance
• Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent education or experience
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard'/play hard'' credo every day.
Motive Studios has the Means and Opportunity. Come see what you can do!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.