SENIOR RELEASE MANAGER - FROSTBITE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA's state of the art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools.
Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite has powered games such as FIFA, Madden NFL, Battlefield, Need For Speed, Dragon Age: Inquisition, PGA Tour and Star Wars Battlefront. Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Creating and applying leading-edge technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated, capable and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal), Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest) and Australia (Melbourne).
What does a Sr. Release Manager do?
As Sr. Release Manager, you will help track and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure each version of Frostbite's state-of-art game engine is delivered on time and at the best quality possible. You will leverage your exceptional communication and facilitation skills to help align Frostbite and its engine adopters with their expected features. You are clear, honest and accurate while being open, inclusive and approachable. You are comfortable interacting with many different people representing disciplines from game/engine development, Quality Verification and leadership. You are comfortable handling disagreements and facilitating resolution. You will constantly iterate and improve on the best tracking and program/risk management approaches while maintaining Release Team health.
Sr. Release Manager
• Coordinate and drive sign-off with engineering, product, program and architecture stakeholders to ship the best Frostbite release for our internal customers
• Manage and track multiple releases and communicate progress against committed deliverables
• Work proactively with Quality Verification, IT and other engineering teams to ensure Build & Release infrastructure needs are met
• Develop dashboards and reporting that gives the Release stakeholders visibility into the status and risk profiles of each release, along with pertinent KPIs
• Coordinate Engineering and QV on build testing
• Dotted-line manage and advocate for the Release Team and support program managers from development teams
• Drive departmental planning (i.e. resource, initiative, program increment, release planning)
• Devise and assist in implementing process improvements across groups and advocate for the Release Team
Skills and Experience
• Exceptional communication skills across all levels of an organization
• Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
• A strong drive to be proactive and predicting/catching issues before they come up, along with a sense of urgency in resolving them when they do arise
• 5+ years of project and program management experience in a high tech company
• Experience in various project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
• Experience with distributed development across multiple locations
• Familiarity with SCM, including branching, integration, and merging techniques.
• Experience with Jira/JaaS
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience shipping builds on XB, PS, PC platforms or AAA games would be an asset
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
• How the Frostbite engineis shaping the future of gaming
• More job openingsfor the Frostbite team
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22e32-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.