Director, People Experience Business Partner
Redwood City, CA
We are EA
Most companies call it HR. At Electronic Arts we made the deliberate decision to brand our organization People Experience (PE). It not just a play on words, PE is a team of cultural stewards who carefully create programs and talent strategies that directly impacts our teams' experience and enables our People to achieve the most meaningful work of their careers.
We're responsible for recruiting the best diverse talent on the planet and supporting their growth through learning programs, internal mobility, affinity group participation, and leadership development. We listen to our employees and dive into analytics to anchor our recommendations and decisions to keep engagement high. Last but not least, we're responsible for a total rewards strategy that incentivizes equitably, provides outstanding benefits, and ensures a safe and inspiring workplace for our teams.
The Challenge Ahead:
People Practices has been created to bring focus and efficiency on operating EA's people programs while providing simple and awesome experiences for our employees and people managers.
The Program Management (PMO) team's goal is the enablement of this vision by bringing structure and a new way of operating as a People Experience (PE) function. The team will support tools, best practices, and efficiencies of our global programs. The team will also improve projects through the creation of playbooks and collaboration with Center of Excellence (COE) and Business Partners (BP's) /People Practices (PP's) partners.
The Sr. Project Manager is a high impact, visible role within the PE function that will be a catalyst to transforming how the function operates. Reporting to the Director of Program Management, you will be a connection point between teams, including People Operations, COEs, regional BP's and PP's.
You will work on PE's most important projects providing project management excellence to both provide the work and to create capacity and efficiency within the organization and build new ways of operating in the BP/PP model. This includes providing expertise on functional HR areas such as talent planning, compensation planning and Talent Strategy/Workforce Planning.
You will also support establishing and governing a set of central transformation projects which are important to the PMO function. You will also help develop project management tools, supporting operational processes, and forums ensuring execution of global programs, promoting a better employee experience. You will manage project team members and partnerships internally across PE, Corporate Areas and business groups and externally (e.g. best practice organizations, consultants, vendors) to ensure projects are implemented and are aligned with EA and PE specific goals and priorities.
What the Sr. Project Manager does at EA:
• Manage projects as assigned; follow project management methods and standards. Establish appropriate governance, controls reporting mechanisms. Implement and consolidate best practices. Standardize the process across all departments and services. Provide project management guidance, methods, systems, tools and metrics for project delivery.
• Partner with PMO Director and members of PLT and their teams to scope, solution and guide work to completion. Design the right governance to oversee project success.
• Work with senior BP's, COEs and Regional Practices teams to ensure that strategic priorities and project requirements are defined, move forward as planned, and work is completed on time with quality.
• Develop project and change management plans; including internal communication campaigns for our People Practices team – developing content materials and supporting processes to inform and engage the PE global team.
• Bring best practices in project management forward to and champion across PE, partnering with other program management functions within the EA ecosystem.
• Bring best practices in process redesign forward to lead complex process redesign projects, bringing best practices and approach to process improvement, scaling across an organization, sharing out best practices and learning/delivery.
The next great Sr. Project Manager at EA also needs to have:
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field plus 10+ years of progressive success within Human Resources as an HR Business Partner, or HR COE Program Manager.
• Human Capital and strategy and operations management consulting experience in a client - facing capacity
• Knowledge of HR, including Total Rewards, L&D, Recruiting and HR Business Partnership
• Partner with senior leaders at the right altitude, providing advisory and program delivery support
• Build organizational partnerships; with peers, upwards, and with center of expertise partners
• Project management skills. Can disambiguate complex programs and structure work into a project plan with concrete steps and deliverables
• Technical project management tool expertise, including Smartsheet or similar
• Change management expertise. Skill to lead self and others through complex and constant change. Skill to use methods to analyze situations to provide creative solutions, guide important decisions, and satisfy commitments
• Skill to present and lead conversations with different seniority levels in HR
• Sensitivity to local culture / language norms and ability to modify communications (written/verbal) to engage a global audience
• Fluent with G-suite, Slack, virtual technologies (i.e. zoom) for facilitation
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11ezy-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.