Senior Product Manager, Frostbite Characters
Electronic Arts is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We create extraordinary game experiences for millions of players by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state of the art multi-platform game engine. Our global team develops industry leading technology that enables thousands of game developers across EA to create amazing experiences for our players. Working on Frostbite means working with some of the most acclaimed franchises in the industry such as Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, and Need for Speed.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager for our Characters Team
Reporting to a senior director of product management, you will oversee Frostbite's characters objective, with the aim of improving Frostbite to enable EA games to create industry leading characters at scale by providing powerful and intuitive tools and workflows. The scope includes improving character workflows in FrostEd and integration with DCC workflows, creating tools to support character customization, and ensuring that Frostbite characters achieve the highest visual quality.
• Work with the Frostbite team, game teams and external partners to create the long-term vision and roadmap for character technology in Frostbite
• Communicate the roadmap to the user community, game team partners, and senior leaders across EA
• Prioritize the initiative and feature backlogs to maximize the impact and value of our work for EA
• Engage with the Frostbite characters team and help to coordinate and prioritize development in other Frostbite teams to steer development of character related technology
• Perform analysis of competing game engine technologies
• Bachelor's degree in computer science / engineering or relevant experience in game development or a related field
• Collaborative leader who enjoys working in a complex, and iterative environment
• Experience with game development content pipelines and workflows or similar technologies
• Experience working with both technical and creative user communities
• Knowledge of game animation and physics.
• Knowledge of rigging and mesh deformation techniques.
• Experience with DCC tools such as Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini.
• Experience with Frostbite workflows
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Knowledge of general product management practices and techniques
• Occasional international travel may be required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7e0j-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.