Content Producer, EA Sports
SENIOR MANAGER, MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY (12 Month Contract)
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications Strategy (12 Month Contract)
EA is looking for a Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications Strategy to work across an exciting portfolio of sports games, including NHL and UFC. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Marketing Strategy, you are an inspiring and insight-driven thinker, a thoughtful contributor, and a collaborative partner to Game Development, Brand and Marketing teams.
EA's Marcom Strategy is the team responsible for defining the strategies that underpin our marketing campaigns. This global group of strategists, creative directors, and copy writers establish the steel threads that guide the campaign from ideation to execution; including the strategic narrative, brand identity, creative platform and creative direction for our hero assets. use both left brain and right brain thinking to boldly chase the next insight to progress marketing in our industry and beyond.
• Ideate and collaborate to create the marketing strategies and narratives for our games
• Gather and interpret quant and qual insights from a variety of sources – Marcom Intelligence, Analytics, Consumer Insights and external partners –and implements those best practices and insights into our marketing strategies
• Contribute insightful context from popular sports culture to inform strategic thinking
• Partner with our Brand and Studio/Game Development teams to ensure the marketing campaigns support the brand guidelines, business needs and the product
• Work with our internal creative directors, copy writers and external agencies to develop the creative platform for our games, along with the persona, tone, campaign narrative, including a comms plan
• Champion the strategies with internal leaders and partner with cross-functional marketing teams to ensure quality and integrated execution of the strategy and narrative around the world
• Develop inspiring and detailed briefs for how the campaign comes to life, with a focus on executing across major marketing beats
• Partner with Marcom Intelligence & Brand teams to establish the KPIs to measure the performance of the campaign
• Experience: 5+ years in a strategy or planning role within a creative agency, gaming, sports or entertainment industries
• Effective communicator: an inspiring and influential voice across an organization with experience selling in creative ideas to different audiences
• Knowledge of Sport: an intimate knowledge of North American sports culture, global sports experience is a plus.
• A natural born storyteller: ability to build a cohesive narrative across everything from a presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of content
• An experienced creator: a rich CV of break through activations and content across a variety of media
• Lives and breathes integrated marketing, understands the role algorithms play, the nuances of consumer behavior in open/closed networks, and can visualize the consumer journey across channels
• Insights: an ability to interpret and decipher quant and qual data and distill the insights that best unlock creative marketing platforms.
• You enjoy gaming and have a love for the rich mythology and culture around sport and entertainment storytelling.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.