DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As a Lighting Artist at DICE, you will report to the project Lead or Art Director, and play an important part in creating the final look and feel of our game worlds. You will join a team of passionate, creative professionals who love to push themselves and their craft to new heights. In your role as Lighting Artist you will create memorable environments that exude a visually rich narrative that speaks to our players and breathes life into our virtual worlds.
• Follow and create visual targets under the Art Director's guidance.
• Train artists to constructively analyze visual targets for purposes of production.
• Set up technical requirements and reach the set performance standard for each level.
• Adjust post processes, bloom, reflections, ambient occlusion and color grading.
• Estimate work, update plans, submit good data into the branch.
• Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other artists in your team.
• Create best practices for applying lighting functions and characteristics to support the studio and project lighting goals.
We're looking for an experienced Lighting Artist to join our team of content creators and help push our environments to the next level. Regardless if your background is in games or film, what's most important is what you bring to the table and that you have a passion for creating visually stunning and memorable experiences.
• You have 5+ years of experience as a Lighting Artist in the video games or film industry, working on a bigger project.
• You have an expert artistic eye and are excellent at interpreting references and concept art.
• You have a comprehensive understanding for lighting fundamentals, cinematography, photography, and experience applying these in your work.
• Familiar with a broad range of visual styles.
• Can guide the player's eye and evoke different emotions with cinematic techniques.
• You understand the technical aspects of a real-time rendering engine, and experience working within performance constraints.
• You are service-minded and aim for solutions that benefit all parties.
• You want to contribute to and foster a learning culture.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z717-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.