Senior Lighting Artist
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
What the Senior Lighting Artist will do at EA Motive:
• Partner with the Directors, Lead Artists, Designers, and Engineering Teams to create high-quality lighting.
• Create in-game lighting using EA's proprietary game engine, according to the agreed design and within the constraints of the target hardware and software. There is an emphasis on knowledge sharing between different teams throughout EA's studios.
• Work with Development Directors to map out Lighting development from pre-production to production; review feature designs, create asset lists, provide estimates, identify requirements.
• Partner with Art, Tech Art, and Engineering teams to develop the next-gen lighting solutions into a production pipeline.
• Expert-level knowledge of real-time lighting tools and techniques.
• Experience with the HDR lighting and Physically Based Pipeline to build high-definition materials/lighting.
• Artistic sensitivity and understanding of color and lighting theory to guide composition and support storytelling.
• Work with creative leadership to support the art direction through the development of lighting direction.
• Work with Design departments to create lighting workflows that support gameplay goals.
• Excellent experience troubleshooting technical issues associated with rendering and lighting performance, tools, and pipelines.
• Report to the Art Director.
• Shipped titles as a lighting artist with 3+ years of experience in software game development.
• Build high-quality lighting, respecting performances and the platform's constraints.
• Knowledge of Color management and color grading pipeline.
• Experience with character lighting, environment lighting, and time of daylighting.
• Knowledge of colour theory, composition, lighting principles, and visual shaping.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5n17-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.