Senior Environment Artist - Hard Surfaces
Senior Hard Surface Artist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
As Senior Hard Surface Artist you will work with both Respawn and the EA Create Art Worlds Teams, to create diverse and engaging levels and assets for our players. You will collaborate closely with Art Direction and Creative Leads, to help develop both the visual and gameplay experiences for Apex Legends.
• Create weapons, loot, and support any Hard Surface-related assets for a FPS game.
• Create high fidelity FPS weapons and optimized 3P models within a given deadline
• Proactively seek answers to problems with the right stakeholders
• Work alongside project leads to plan and scope hard surface asset deliverables
• Reports to Art Director and Hardsurface Lead assisting with initiatives such as reference gathering, assets design, and briefing teams on review and feedbacks
• Collaborate or support Animations, Design, VFX, and UX team with asset creation
• Integrate, setup, troubleshoot assets in proprietary tools and game engine
• Basic rigid body rigging
• Has a good understanding of perforce and ability to troubleshoot technical challenges as they arise.
• Provides feedback with workflows and toolsets
• Mentors junior to mid-level artist
• 8 or more years of production experience, creating Hard Surface
• Expert in Hard Surface asset creation in various style from realistic to novelty themed
• A desire to expand beyond modeling and asset creation ensuring assets completion from start to finish. From scoping, planning, design collaboration, exploration, features implementation, and other additional R&D
• Ability to understand and work with other proprietary tools proficiently in short time period
• Experience briefing, delegating and directing work to other Artists, internal and external.
• Proficient in Maya and ability to create high poly models primarily within Maya
• Ability to use secondary programs to assist high poly creation includes Zbrush, Blender, Marvelous Designer, or equivalent
• Proficient in Substance Painter and Marmoset for texture baking workflows
• Extensive experience in high poly bakes to low poly and PBR texture workflows
• Comprehensive knowledge with some of the mainstream game engine such as Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Snowdrop, and source
• Examples of hard surface assets including but not limited to FPS weapons and vehicles
• Understanding of mechanical design and weapon design
• PBR workflows
• A clear breakdown of what you did for each work example shown.
Weapon rigging experiences
Basic understanding of game scripting
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.