Game Design Director - EA Sports
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
Full Circle is seeking a Senior Experience Designer - UX to join the Skate Team
• Building highly collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, a cross disciplinary team, and partner groups to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions to meet player and business goals within technical constraints.
• Distilling user research, competitive analysis and feedback into user centered and actionable design goals.
• Framing and solving hard problems informed by data (quantitative and qualitative.)
• Using words, visual representations, physical objects, space, motion, and interaction behavior to define how to use a product and achieve objectives in an effective and emotionally resonant manner.
• Prototyping representative models of a product or feature to facilitate testing to get user feedback, assist with development decisions and mitigate risk. These range from paper or click-throughs to higher fidelity prototypes.
• Applying and establishing a set of design standards, documentation, and principles that are used alongside a design system of design interactions, patterns and scalable components to build a consistent product.
• Applying psychological principles, ergonomics, and cognitive science to design holistic experiences for various abilities, motivations and needs.
• Organizing, labelling and structuring content in way that is understandable for users/players to allow them to find and move through information and complete tasks
• Helping teams empathize with users and relatedly championing for usability and accessibility
• 6+ years of experience as a UX designer, experience designer, product designer, or interaction designer.
• Experience designing intuitive consumer facing content creation tools for a variety of devices and/or platforms
• Having a broad UX design toolkit for various stages of development (journey mapping, empathy maps, archetypes, user scenarios, site maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes etc…)
• Ability to present and rationalize UX design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences using these opportunities to advocate for players, share knowledge and demonstrate design thinking in action.
• Bonus points if your visual design skills are pretty solid, too
• Passion for games with a solid grasp of market trends
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.