We are EA
Over the last twenty years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of accomplished people who create games with joy and passion.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
The Challenge Ahead
Criterion is looking for an accomplished UX expert, someone with a formal or practical training in all the psychological and design principles and methodologies surrounding UCD, from research methodologies to heuristic evaluation.
What You'll Do:
• You will report directly into the UX Director
• You will help create the shape, and processes of the UX Design Team into an industry leading UCD studio
• Lead permanent and temporary UX designers in our team, (as required), and find ways to educate the company in UX methods and design principles
• Create experiences for players, on well-known AAA games (personas, journeys, wireframes, interaction design, information architecture, prototypes, metrics)
• Elicit requirements from partners (Game Design and Franchise teams)
• You will work with our dedicated UX Research team to gather and document research that informs design decisions.
• Work with the entire team to bring these experiences to life throughout the development lifecycle, and find pragmatic solutions when challenges arise.
What We're Looking For:
• You are passionate about computer games from multiple genres. You don't have to have made a game before, but it's not a disadvantage if you have.
• At least 5 years of user centered design experience
• Full knowledge of the theoretical and practical UX design rules (e.g. heuristics), with evidence of application.
• Experience with UX Research methodologies (e.g. personas versus segments, journey mapping versus use cases, quantitative versus qualitative) When to use one over another, and how to reduce bias.
• You will have demonstrated the ability to create detailed UI specifications, including interaction design; information architecture; important visual elements (although not a Visual Designer)
• You will have created prototypes (low or hi fidelity) using standard prototyping tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Visio, Balsamiq, Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, Axure, Unity, and Unreal)
• You have a commitment to inclusive design, including accessibility
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbjv3-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.