Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Senior World Artist – SKATE
''This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.''
We are looking for an experienced Senior Environment Artist to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. You will report to Skate's World Director and work in collaboration with content creators working on character style, features, and content creation techniques.
• Stay current with the state-of-the-industry in environment modeling and surfacing techniques.
• Work with the Art Director, Technical Art Director, and World Director on Visual Look Development projects to explore and establish environment art direction.
• Work with the World Director to establish Environment Theming & Tone, References for sections of the world.
• Work with the World Director and Technical Art team to explore different methods for creating environment assets including Photogrammetry, Procedural Building Generation, and Sculpting.
• Create benchmark assets to set visual quality targets and establish high-level estimates for different types of environment content.
• Build and scope requirements for assets within sections of the world, establishing detailed goals for yourself and your teammates.
• Work with the tech art and engineering teams to help establish performance and memory budgets for environment asset content.
You will demonstrate the following:
• 5+ Years Experience on Video Game Asset production teams
• Experience shipping environment content in an intermediate to senior role on 2-3 shipped console/PC titles.
• Strong knowledge of architecture, city planning, and visual design.
• Excellent sense of visual composition, form and color.
• Proficiency with many different methods for creation or acquisition of environment assets such as scan data, hard surface modeling, vegetation.
• Demonstrable competency in 3D modeling, materials/surfacing software packages such as Maya, ZBrush and the Substance Suite.
• Able to quickly gain proficiency in new and unfamiliar tools related to modeling, world building, surfacing, and rendering.
• Excellent knowledge of how to manage content for games in an optimized and performant manner.
• A degree in Fine Arts, Animation, Visual Design, or related diploma or certificate.
Please submit a portfolio/demo reel link with your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj85k2-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.