''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
What the Senior Environment Artist will do at EA Motive:
• Support the Art Director in the vision for the game.
• Conceptualize, and design game environments, summarizing concept art and block models into compelling game environments.
• Establish high-quality benchmark and prototype levels.
• As a master of their craft and experience in this field, the Senior Environment Artist will help in staff development from recruiting, training, and guidance of more junior artists. Staying current with industry trends and user experiences, proposing solutions for future development.
• Take advantage of NextGen technology to produce high-quality and rich environments.
• You will report to the Lead Artist/AD
• An eye for spatial composition, lighting, color, textures, and building believable scenes.
• Experience with environment aesthetics, function vs. form relationships, and what makes a game level fun and intriguing.
• 4+ years of experience in the industry.
• Convey a sense of 'story' in a scene or game asset – considering age, weathering, and context.
• Adapt to different art styles, including photo-realistic and stylized.
• Proficiency in Maya, Max, Modo, or similar 3D modeling software.
• Create organic and hard surface models.
• Paint believable surfaces, using industry-standard software (Substance Painter).
• Knowledge of terrain creation (both modeled and procedurally generated) is an advantage.
• Willingness and ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines.
• Positive attitude with a passion to collaborate and a desire to bring new ideas forward.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm51zm-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.