You will be developing a new mobile title for EA. As a studio, we build games for Imaginative Creators which allow players to create something that is an expression of their unique personality.
You will be reporting to the Game Design Director
• Design compelling monetization systems that align with the game's vision, collaborating with teammates to ensure these systems are integrated into the core gameplay features
• Build an end-to-end monetization strategy with the goal of promoting early accessibility, improving retention, increasing in-game revenue and LTV, while remaining fair and fun
• Strategize with Analytics teams to collect and analyse economic, engagement, and monetization data; build reports on performance, then suggest and implement new strategies and improve existing tactics
• Understand core gameplay to identify opportunities to guide deeper player investment
• Coordinate with internal teams to develop a strategic and opportunistic plan for creating in-game items and driving regular updates to the in-game store
• Create game economy simulations and evaluate their performance & their impact on player experience
• Collaborate across the development team to maintain the game economy for the life of the game
• Participate constructively and respectfully in the critique of your work, and the work of others
• Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
• 4+ years experience in game monetization or working on economy systems for a live service game, with at least one shipped title (Bonus: You have worked on building monetization systems from the ground up before)
• Ability to model your in-game economy and present it to a broad set of team members and partners
• Knowledge of games and game economies with deep insight into the pros and cons of different tactics
• Knowledge of how player progression systems and economy systems interact
• Understanding of player psychology
• Broad taste in games
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rby94x-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.