Senior Director, Strategic Growth Brand Management: Subscriptions, PC & Cloud
Locations: Redwood City, CA: New York: Los Angeles, CA: Seattle, WA
For over 30 years, Electronic Arts has been connecting and inspiring millions of gamers throughout the globe. With some of the greatest sports and lifestyle brands across all of entertainment, including Apex Legends, Madden NFL, FIFA, Star Wars, Battlefield, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, The Sims, F1, College Football, Design Home and many more, Electronic Arts has brought together generations of gamers around the joy of play.
The Challenge Ahead:
The world of entertainment is changing. From ownership to access, from linear to streaming, from physical to digital. The video game industry is evolving with new ideas and Electronic Arts aspires to lead the way. Subscriptions, PC, cross-platform play, and cloud gaming are pushing this evolution. EA's current subscription offerings (EA Play and EA Play Pro) are engaging over 16 million monthly players across console and PC already, and we're just getting started! Our new EA app on desktop allows players to purchase and play PC games from EA and other accomplished developers faster than ever before, while connecting with their friends across a variety of gaming and social platforms. Meanwhile, our investments in cloud technology stand to erase the boundaries of platform gaming and connect a global community across any device with an internet connection.
The Role of Brand at Electronic Arts:
As a member of the Brand team at EA, you are a connector of the organization, guiding the consumer journey from end-to-end. You lead the development of the multiyear vision and strategies for our brands and set the pace for our expert teams. You and your team uniquely see across years, platforms, franchises, and business models to understand how each decision impacts the next. You provide business leadership by quickly reconciling a broad swath of inputs and translating them into applicable decisions. You are the voice of the player in product development, guide our marketing, and set the internal narrative for how the business is performing.
The Strategic Growth Brand team is helping fuel Electronic Arts' long term strategic bets and growth. We set the course for EA's investment in subscriptions, PC marketplace, competitive gaming, and new business opportunities like fantasy sports, blockchain and NFTs, and more.
Reporting to the SVP of Strategic Growth Brand, you could be our new Senior Director of Strategic Growth Brand Management guiding the vision, strategy, and marketing of our multi-billion dollar subscription and PC businesses, while helping chart the future of our cloud and social network strategy.
What a Sr. Director of Strategic Growth, Brand does at Electronic Arts:
• As a Sr. leader at EA, you contribute to a culture of inclusivity through hiring, people development, and equity practices.
• Develop EA's overarching subscription product and services strategy, in partnership with commercial and development organizations, and guide sr executive agreement.
• Lead the development of annual marketing plan, campaign strategy, and activation for EA Play, EA Play Pro, and PC business.
• Guide annual and multi-year subs membership strategy, working with commercial and studio teams.
• Help set and meet annual plan goals while leading the performance management of our subs and PC businesses.
• Partner with development organization on feature roadmap across subscription, PC, and social network platforms.
• Develop brand architecture for EA's suite of D2C platforms.
• Direct and prioritize consumer insights and research roadmap.
• Lead long range and annual marketing budget planning.
• Establish and integrate subs and PC business into EA's overall operating rhythm, from vision setting to annual planning.
• Develop multi-year cloud strategy in partnership with development and commercial organization.
What would help you succeed in the role:
• 10+ years of business strategy, brand development, and marketing experience.
• Experience working with digital entertainment products, subscriptions services and member retention programs.
• Experience galvanizing and aligning a variety of partners across a matrixed organization, including c-suite.
• Leadership qualities that have fostered a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Budget planning and P&L management experience.
• Enterprise wide mindset.
Bachelor's Degree or higher
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7912-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.