We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Reporting to the VP – Head of Technology for EA SPORTS, the Senior Development Director for our EA SPORTS Tech organization will play an important role in our leadership team. You will be a key leader for our organization in the operations space and will provide supervisory oversight and support to our teams working on cutting edge character motion, machine learning, game security, dev ops, as well as long lead feature and technology development for all Sports titles. EA SPORTS Tech is a global organization, with teams in 8+ locations across EA. You are right for this role if you are passionate about solving difficult and fast-moving problems. You can effectively collaborate, communicate, and motivate, often across business units and with peers or partners in other parts of the business. Your greatest strengths are building strong relationships, strategic thinking, and strong execution. You like to be challenged and thinking about the future excites you.
• You will manage all aspects of the team's operational processes, objectives, and initiatives.
• You will be responsible for the development and project management aspect, including establishing the development framework, risk management, budget and resource management, and project auditing for one or multiple projects/teams.
• You will work with the team leaders in the organization to define the overall team strategies and lead the team in execution against key deliverables.
• You will solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions to achieve results.
• You will establish regular communication channels with the team and key partners and stakeholders.
• You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and career development of your team. You will lead project managers at all levels of the organization.
• You will create, foster and support an inclusive and diverse team culture.
• You will be responsible for the program management of central strategic initiatives impacting all of
• You will ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
• Experience with Project Management (8+ years) and People Management (5+ years).
• Excellent knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), tools, and processes.
• Proven track record of successful delivery of highly critical projects.
• Experience managing a large project, or multiple projects including project auditing.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Jira)
• Bachelor's degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business, etc, or equivalent professional experience.
• Strong leadership skills: ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders.
• Excellent change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments.
• Flexible and agile: ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations in a highly dynamic environment.
• Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
• Possess passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; highly action oriented.
• Effective communication skills; proven ability to influence outcomes across all levels of organization.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqn676-34-230-9-187-42 in your application.