Senior Character Artist
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
What the Senior Concept Artist will do at Motive:
• You will work with the art director, character artists, and environment artists to create a cast of believable characters and immersive game environments
• You will design original concepts that fit within the project style guide
• You will translate high-level ideas into production-ready art packets
• You will maintain the art direction while providing a variety of ideas and explorations
• You will provide in-depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas
• You will create lighting schemes and color palettes that capture the tone of the world
• You will create storyboards and dynamic keyframes that illustrate the story and gameplay
• You will report to the Art Director
Who you Are:
• 5+ years of concept artist experience, including at least 5 years in the gaming industry
• Shipped video game titles
• Create concepts from scratch and create color studies
• Create concepts'/explorations at different quality outputs , from sketches to final key art
• Environment and component ideation and design
• Traditional illustration skills in multiple media and excellent drawing skills, matte painting experience
• Fundamental skills including good use of line, light, shadow, and color
• Experience with storytelling and concept development
• Value working with specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director, and mentor other concept artists.
• English is the required language of work
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.