Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Senior Character Artist - Skate
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Character Artist to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. You will report to Skate's Character Director and work in collaboration with content creators working on character style, features, and content creation techniques.
• You will stay current with and exhibit a high degree of technical knowledge about current state-of-the-industry in character modeling and surfacing.
• Explore visual targets for character assets through the development of a variety of stylistic approaches.
• Explore the use of different methods of creating character models, clothing, and hair assets.
• You swiftly adopt new and unfamiliar tools related to modeling, uv editing, baking secondary information, skinning, surfacing, and rendering with the intent of discovering the strengths and weaknesses of each method.
• Deliver prototype (modeled, surfaced and skinned) character assets of all types to help test the game and to guide requirements gathering for future pipelines and workflows.
• Create style guides, production guides, and reference assets to communicate with internal artists and external outsourcers.
• Participate in group asset reviews and give peer feedback on the character creation process.
• Able to effectively communicate about the processes involved with the creation of character assets through meetings, presentations, and documentation.
• Attend all planning and team meetings; Build user stories and produce time estimates for project planning.
• 5+ Years Experience on Video Game Asset production teams
• Experience shipping character content in a specialist or senior position on 1-2 shipped console/PC titles.
• Strong understanding of human anatomy & movement.
• High level of skill in 3D sculpture, materials/surfacing, topology.
• Proficiency with the use of photogrammetric methods for capture of human bodies, faces, and clothing.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Zbrush to create sculpted digital character assets.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Maya to create topology and UV's for digital character assets.
• Able to quickly gain proficiency in new and unfamiliar tools related to modeling, uv editing, baking secondary information, skinning, surfacing, and rendering.
• A degree in Fine Art, Digital Art, Animation, Visual Design, or related diploma or certificate.
• Demonstrated proficiency with the use of creating materials with Substance Designer
• Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Substance Painter to surfacing character assets
• Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Marvelous Designer to create clothing assets
• Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Xgen to create strand-based hair character assets
• Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Marmoset tool bag for using baking texture maps
Please submit a portfolio/demo reel link with your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87996-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.