For more than twenty years, Criterion Games has entertained millions of players around the world with award-winning titles. We're a team renowned for our expertise and passion for delivering phenomenal game feel, AAA audio-visual quality, technical innovation and for pushing boundaries to create immersive narratives.
With a proud history working on beloved franchises including Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront and Burnout, we're now challenging the conventions of the racing genre to take the Need For Speed franchise to the next level.
We're recognised as one of the best places to work in the UK, and we believe that healthy, diverse and engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours!
• We're looking for a Senior Character Artist to work as part of a tight-knit, cross-disciplinary collaborative team to create the next generation of believable characters for a AAA racing game.
• We need your skill, passion and experience to create characters which delight our players.
• Working with Concept, Rigging, Animation and Narrative teams, you will define visual quality and technical standards while inspiring other character artists whether they are part of an internal team or an external vendor.
• You will report to the Lead Character Artist as part of a multi discipline team that works collaboratively in an iterative design process.
• Experience building photorealistic and stylised characters for AAA titles.
• Thorough understanding of anatomy, costume, characterisation and a good working knowledge of PBR materials.
• Extensive experience in organic and hard-surface modelling using ZBrush, Maya/3DS Max.
• Expertise in real-time character creation workflows, including new trends.
• Experience contributing to creative briefs, visual targets and prototypes.
• Experience working collaboratively in an iterative design process.
• Passion and desire to make the best characters and promote character art.
• Experience of photogrammetry workflows from capture to clean topology is beneficial.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy6kv-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.