DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer, who is passionate about developing systems and services to support the live operations and online gameplay for our millions of users.
You will work in small teams that work together to create solutions for our games, using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud-based infrastructure. You will work with multiple existing systems; some developed here at DICE, some developed externally. This will require working with a lot of different teams within EA and DICE. You will report into a Senior Engineering Manager.
• Analyze game designs and propose technical solutions for how they can be achieved.
• Develop distributed and, resilient, back-end services using Scala.
• Adapt central EA technologies to meet game design needs.
• Use modern open-source stacks including Scala, gRPC, Finagle, and Linkerd/Envoy.
• Deploy services on cloud-based infrastructures such as Kubernetes.
• Oversee performance at the service level.
• Develop live tools in the backend that we use to manage all aspects of our live games.
• Integrate the tooling platform with other internal services.
• Experience in distributed, scalable, resilient, high-performing systems
• Knowledge of Git, or similar distributed source management system
• Experience with continuous integration and delivery
Nice to Haves
• Experience with functional languages (Scala, Clojure, Erlang-Elixir, Kotlin, Rust, Swift, F#)
• Experience with cloud deployment, as AWS
• Good knowledge of Linux
• Knowledge of C++ or C#
• Knowledge of Kubernetes
• Experience with Docker or similar container formats
• Contributions to Open Source projects
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79p9p-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.