Senior Audio Artist
Remote / Virtual
Senior Audio Artist - Ripple Effect Studios
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
This is an Audio Artist position with the Ripple Effect Studios Audio Team in Los Angeles, supporting the Battlefield Franchise. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three-hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
In this role, your primary focus will be to work as a Sound Designer supporting our World team. This will involve creating ambient backgrounds, spot emitters, and many other sound effects that bring our worlds to life. Sound Design will be your focus, but you must also be comfortable with asset integration and the technical aspects of working in our 3D game editor FrostEd. In addition, we will also rely on you to partner with and encourage our junior level Audio Artists, occasionally reviewing assets and making sure they meet our quality level.
For this position, we are looking for an experienced Audio Artist. This is not an entry level position.
• Help our Audio Team craft a world class Audio experience
• Be a key sound design contributor within our Audio Team
• Use a DAW to edit, name and organize sound files
• Work within the FrostED game editor to import, name, and organize audio assets
• Set up visual scripting logic in order to trigger assets in software
• Be an active participant in location sound recording sessions: sound effects, foley, weapons, ambience, etc.
• Testing and Quality Control of in-game audio assets
• Must contribute to the training and mentoring of junior level Audio Team members
• Take direction from the Audio Director and Senior Sound Designer, and work as a positive and productive member of the Audio Team
• At least two years' experience as a Sound Designer working in the Games or Film industries
• BA, Technical School Degree, or equivalent work experience in Sound Design or Recording Arts
• In depth knowledge of audio theory and sound design practices; includes knowledge of waveform editing, equalization, compression, mixing, plug ins, etc.
• Proficiency with audio software ~ DAW, such as Reaper, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Vegas, Cubase, Logic
• Proficiency with audio plug in software such as Waves, FabFilter, iZotope, Soundtoys, etc.
• Experience or knowledge of audio game development tools, such as Wwise, FMOD, or other proprietary Editors
• Strong technical proficiency. Knowledge or experience with any visual scripting program is a plus (such as Reaktor, Max, Pure Data, UDK)
• You must be committed to growing within your craft, and continuously improving your skillset as a Sound Designer
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
The following are required as part of the application process:
• Apply online with Resume
• Provide weblink on resume for online Sound Design Demo / Portfolio (required)
• As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete an audio questionnaire
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $95,450 - $141,800
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $89,200 - $141,800
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $105,250 - $141,800
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $89,200 - $118,550
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $89,200 - $130,750
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwo0vj-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $95,450 to $141,800 Per Year ($ USD)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.