Lead Gameplay Animator
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is seeking for an Animation Developer to join our newly formed team. As a member of the Gameplay team you will work closely with software developers, designers and animators to develop animation systems for our next AAA title.
What you'll do:
• Design, author, maintain, and refactor animation systems that meet all design, technical, and schedule requirements
• Work closely with Frostbite central teams to improve, maintain and leverage Frostbite's internal animation engine.
• Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of animation game systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects
• Collaborate with designers and animators to brainstorm solutions that further the game's animation artistic and design vision
• Lead and participate in design and code reviews
• Investigate and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools, and systems
Who You Are:
• 6+ years of professional C'/C++ experience
• Knowledge of C# is an asset
• Excellent math skills
• Experience with advanced animation tools'/middleware
• Experience working with facial animations, procedural'/physical animation, and IK
• Experience developing complex animation systems for published PC or current gen console games with at least one shipped title
• Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
• Passion for making games look and play great
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.