Senior Director Of Product Development
Senior Analyst (Game Lead) - Skate
Full Circle hiring a Senior Analyst in Vancouver as part of our Studio Data, and Insights (SDI) team. Reporting to an Analytics Manager, you will partner with our studio developers to lead impactful analysis with relevant takeaways for the team. Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
What a Senior Analyst does at EA:
Our team strives to be the voice of the player by providing insights from a rich landscape of gameplay data. You will partner with designers, product managers, and engineers to establish the data needed from a game to understand how players engage with its features and systems.
As a Senior Analyst, you will work with a team to lead telemetry implementation and the development of dashboards/visualizations to monitor for important game features and business health. You will also work on projects such as player segmentation, personalized content, retention modeling, path analysis, A/B testing, predictive modelling and more.
You will share your findings directly with the development team, ranging from 1:1 chats up to studio-wide presentations. Many different disciplines will rely on you as a trusted source of information, including Product Management, Game Design, Engineering, Studio Executives, Brand Management, Marketing, and Finance. As part of working with a diverse group of partners, you will gain exposure to different perspectives inside the gaming industry.
In addition to working with our studio partners at Full Circle, you will have opportunities to collaborate and share with other data experts among the larger data analytics community at EA. As a team of analysts and researchers, we understand how important learning and growth are.
• Partner with BI and reporting teams to develop requirements for telemetry, dashboards, data tables, and reports.
• Use player data to undertake behavioral analysis, establish segmentation groupings and create predictive algorithms.
• Champion analytics projects from the conceptual stages through to completion and communicate recommendations based on analysis.
• Provide direction to junior analysts to ensure quality, clarity and development of their analytics skills.
• Experience applying quantitative methods to understand and answer questions;
• Skill building clear, user-friendly data visualizations, tables, and dashboards (Experience with Looker a plus);
• SQL proficiency and ability to extract data from large data sources with differing structures; (Experience with Google Big Query and Google Cloud Platform a plus);
• Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool (such as R, Python, or base SAS) to perform analysis;
• Familiarity with version control and reproducible research best practices;
• Experience working with Mobile or HD data and defining telemetry schema is considered a plus;
• Passion for playing and thinking about games is a plus!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.