Corporate accounting's mission is to create shareholder value through integrity, leadership and business partnership. The department's primary responsibility is to prepare, analyze and report the worldwide consolidated financial statements to senior management and to shareholders through press releases and earnings calls. Furthermore, responsibilities include but not limited to: accounting consultation to internal business partners, assisting with acquisitions, system improvements and other special projects.
Senior Accountant II, Corporate Accounting
The Senior Accountant II will have a broad range of responsibilities involving many aspects of the monthly, quarterly and year end close processes for North America; assisting as well as having the opportunity to lead Corporate Accounting projects; and the development of process efficiencies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated. As an individual who will promote excellence throughout EA, this role involves a number of important responsibilities:
• Performing close activities including, but not limited to:
• Journal entry preparation for complex, high profile transactions;
• Review and preparation of reconciliations;
• Overseeing and coordinating aspects of the close calendar; and
• Preparing and reporting on close schedules to the Controllership team including presenting key aspects of the balance sheet.
• Provide accounting and general ledger business partner support; act as a liaison to selected business groups across finance (i.e., FPA, SEC reporting, Revenue, AR, etc.)
• Develop and maintain External Audit and SOX documentation as it relates to the role. Further, act as liaison between external auditors and business partners during quarterly reviews and annual audits.
• Identify process improvements with emphasis on streamlining and/or improving controls within accounting. Further striving for Global Standardization.
• Conduct quarterly business unit balance sheet reviews.
• Produce standard and ad-hoc reporting to analyze trends vs. prior quarter and prior year for the statement of operations and the balance sheet
• Prepare memos/whitepapers on accounting issues as required
• Spend a portion of time on projects (e.g., globally aligning EA's accounting practices, improving documentation, building more robust analytical reporting)
Technical skills and experience
The following skills are necessary to be successful in this position:
• B.S. in Accounting or equivalent
• 4-5 years relevant financial accounting experience
• Ability to effectively coordinate with Global teams (including offshore teams) and obtain desired results in a timely manner a plus.
• CPA preferred
• Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting and reporting
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Oracle R12 and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
• Analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution oriented individual
• Disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail and accountability for own work and the work of others
• Strong business acumen
• Passion for data integrity, process definition and organizational alignment
• Strives for excellence
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; polished professional; communicates with impact
• Able to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities
• Rapid learner
• Ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
• Possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; action oriented
• Thinks outside of the box; willing to challenge existing processes to drive efficiency
• Is a team player, adept at building relationships within Finance and across organizations
• Views challenges as opportunities
Position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzp7jq-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.