Corporate Accounting's mission is to create shareholder value through integrity, leadership and business partnership. Our primary responsibility is to prepare and report the worldwide consolidated financial statements to senior management and to shareholders through press releases and earnings calls. Additional responsibilities include accounting consultation to internal partners, assisting with acquisitions, system improvements and other special projects.
We are inviting you to become part of our dynamic team by applying for the role of Senior Accountant based in Vancouver, BC.
As a Senior Accountant, you will play a vital role in the North America close processes, Global reporting package for senior management, Controllership projects, and developing process efficiencies. You will be reporting directly to the North America Corporate Accounting Manager.
You can look forward to:
• Perform monthly close activities for North America, including journal entry preparation, balance sheet account reconciliations, and review and analysis of relevant aspects of the balance sheet, cash flow and P&L.
• Help prepare global close schedules intended for senior management and wider finance teams.
• Provide technical accounting guidance and general ledger business support to our important partners, including Marketing, Studios, Operations, Corporate, and Finance teams.
• Develop and maintain External Audit and SOX documentation related to your role.
• Identify process improvements and help with global standardization.
• Prepare memos/whitepapers on accounting issues
• Review business contracts for accounting interpretation and guidance.
• Work on projects aimed at enhancing our reporting environment, globally aligning our accounting practices, and improving documentation.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
• B.S. in Accounting or equivalent, CPA preferred
• At least 3 years of relevant financial accounting experience.
• Understanding of US GAAP accounting and reporting.
• Experience with Oracle R12, Power BI, Hyperion Financial Management and Cadency.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $54,900 - $84,750 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nbqq-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.