We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Rendering Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
• Research and implement industry-leading rendering techniques.
• Write technical design specifications.
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
• Develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
• Optimize rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine.
• Create leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 7-10+ years' development experience
• Proficiency with C++
• Experience designing and implementing industry-leading graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
• Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
• Formal background in rendering with experience that may include modern shader pipelines, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
• Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code
• Experience with scripting languages and C#.
• Experience with graphics tools and content pipelines
• Working knowledge of modern graphic APIs
• Experience on a game team, having shipped titles, an advantage.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.